Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Administrative Assistant 1, Environment, Health and Safety
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
As an Administrative Assistant 1
you will be responsible for administrative and clerical support to the 29 Environment, Health & Safety
(EH&S) technical staff (all except the EH&S Director) members. Additionally responsible for all administrative and clerical support for the University Senior Emergency Manager. Reports directly to the Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Associate Director.Specific tasks may include:
- Provide executive level support for the Senior Emergency Manager. Coordinate and organize administrative activities and direct the flow of information.
- Coordinate information flow by acting as an EHS departmental liaison to customers.
- Answer phones, respond to EH&S inquiries and direct callers to the appropriate technical resource.
- Monitor the EH&S Customer Service request system, identify issue for follow up, route to appropriate staff for attention. Then monitor to ensure work orders are being completed.
- Effectively utilize the Maximo Business System and Microsoft Office platform (TEAMS, WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, POWERPOINT) to produce communications, letters, reports, charts, graphs , and other documents as needed.
- Generate Maximo purchase requests , submit, receive, and track purchases and deliveries.
- Prepare agendas and meeting minutes for committees to which the Senior Emergency Manager and Senior EHS Staff belong.
- Provide confidential support on issues related to university incidents/accidents and security of hazardous materials.
- Assist with Front Desk reception duties serving University Facilities and the campus community, direct visitors and route incoming mail.
- Create and maintain databases related to EH&S trend tracking and goals.
- Take effective minutes at technical and business committee meetings.
- Complete general human resource and purchasing duties using multiple university systems (Concur, eptf, Shop Blue etc.)
- Utilize desktop publishing software (Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) to produce outgoing and interdepartmental memos, letters, reports, databases, charts, graphs and other documents.
- Provide support for internal training programs
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website
to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |