Service Desk Support Analyst (Reg FT)
Service Desk Support Analyst (Reg FT)
ITS Field Operations
: Office of College Services
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than December 10, 2019. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Overtime and coverage for weekends and evenings may be necessary.
Admin 10 - $35,765
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Responsible for gathering information through various interactions, logging interactions in the ticket system, and provide first level support for all college users. Escalates unresolved requests.
Bachelor's degree (preferred) in computer science, information science or a related field with at least one year related work experience or Associate's degree in computer science, information science or a related field and a minimum of two year related work experience. Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to technical services, hardware, and software. Responds to interactions from college wide users to diagnose issues and document service requests. Experience with working in a contact center, ITSM system, Windows and Apple environments, Microsoft Office, Email, printing, Blackboard, VoIP, remote support tools, and collaboration tools is desired. This position will be required to report to any CCAC location to provide the necessary support.
- Serves as point-of-contact and primary communicator of ITS information to the College community.
- Receives ServiceDesk requests via voice, email, chat, voice mail, web conferencing and self-service.
- Utilizes enterprise level tracking software to create, assign and monitor ServiceDesk tickets, service requests and major incidents according to established standards.
- Provides technical assistance and instruction to students, faculty, administrators and staff for college business related software and academic related software.
- Diagnose and solve technical issues by utilizing a standard knowledge base.
- Participate in the testing of software and web applications to evaluate the ease of use and appropriate functionality, and whether product will aid user in performing their work.
- Work collaboratively with staff within the Information Technology Services department and other divisions of the college to accomplish departmental, divisional and institutional goals.
- Participate in regular reviews of tickets and service requests to assure quality standards. Assist in the creation and maintenance of ServiceDesk standard procedures, subject protocols, and knowledge base for customers and ITS staff. Create documentation to increase knowledge sharing and document issues/ solutions in a complete, concise manner for use in knowledgebase system.
- Escalates unresolved situations to appropriate ITS staff.
- Recommends needs for user training and documentation.
- Participates in college wide events and trainings. Continue to update and keep technical skills current to maintain high level of product knowledge in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Knowledge of ITIL methodologies and ability to apply these methods within the current position.
- Serves as subject matter expert.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=534&site=3