Provide overall management for approximately 20 instructors and 150 to 200 flight students. Responsible for overall training quality and providing excellent student service.
1. Ensure proper conduct and enforcement of effective training and safety standards, regulations, and procedures as established.
a. Maintain and ensure compliance with current University and FAA policies and procedures.
b. Assist, counsel, and resolve problems and, as needed, make recommendations for disciplinary action of all students and instructors designated to your supervision.
2. Attend weekly Flight Training Manager meeting with Chief Flight Instructor
3. Attend weekly Staff meeting with Department Chair
4. Prepare for and attend daily Student Progress Briefings with Chief Flight Instructor and Department Chair
5. Prepare for and conduct monthly Team meetings with assigned Instructor Pilots
6. Review and adjust as needed the daily instructor schedule.
a. Ensure maximum utilization of instructor, aircraft, and flight training device resources.
b. Ensure assigned students are scheduled to meet their required activities.
7. Verify student eligibility at the beginning of each assigned ground school section.
8. Meet with Students/Family regarding training progress.
9. Participate in New Hire instructor hiring process as requested by Chief Flight Instructor
10. Conduct stage checks and end of course tests as assigned.
11. Other tasks as assigned by the Chief Flight Instructor.
Bachelor’s degree is required
Must hold a Commercial Pilot Certificate and a Flight Instructor Certificate with Airplane Single-Engine Land and Instrument Airplane privileges.
Must hold at least a 2nd class medical certificate.
(preferred) Meet the minimum requirements for Assistant Chief under 14 CFR part 141