Job Title Program Coordinator – Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership
Full Time / Part Time Full Time
Job Type Staff
Reports To Director, Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Director with the day-to-day operations of HIPL in collaboration with HIPL staff and faculty. The Program Coordinator will also provide administrative support to the Director, participate in the planning and development for all new programs, and assist with outreach and marketing, and policy research.
1. Conduct the day-to-day operations of HIPL, including the planning and implementation of workshops, conferences and other leadership events.
2. Collaborate with the HIPL director and staff on research and development relating to new HIPL programs.
3. Assist the HIPL director with administrative duties and support as required.
4. Serve as the initial point of contact for the department. Respond to inquiries (excluding media) and serve as an information source on HIPL programs and events.
5. Serve as the lead on the execution of HIPL events. Schedule facilities and catering; handle event registration, work closely with faculty and external clients, and coordinate with other University departments as necessary.
6. Assist with marketing and publicity of programs in collaboration with University Relations.
7. Provide database management support, including client relation management database updating and maintenance.
8. Maintain HIPL website, including content development, photography, and regular updates.
9. Maintain department filing system and stock of office supplies. Coordinate routine maintenance of office equipment.
10. Perform other duties as directed.
This position is best served by an individual an undergraduate degree in Public Administration, Political Science, or related disciplines. (Master’s preferred.) The successful candidate will possess demonstrated project management, organizational, administrative skills; and be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Constant Contact (or similar system), and basic website management is a plus. Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation are important to successfully interact with clients, vendors, and members of the Bryant community, state and regional government organizations and non-profit communities. This position requires the ability to work independently on multiple projects. Attentiveness to detail is imperative to accurately coordinate and maintain office and event records. Non-standard hours and occasional local travel will be required during certain periods such as HIPL events and programs. Certain requirements are subject to possible modifications to accommodate persons with disabilities.