Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
*Commitment to Equity and Inclusion*_
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant, Senior Administrative
Job Description Summary:
To provide advanced clerical and administrative support.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Provides administrative support of a responsible and complex nature and assists multiple departments. Performs with autonomy and initiative.
2) Coordinates departmental activities.
3) Performs administrative duties in support of faculty, staff, and/or student efforts, including examining and answering correspondence, processing and prioritizing office communications, processing mail, answering the telephone and email, arranging conference calls, and maintaining or coordinating the supervisor’s schedule.
4) Gathers and compiles data, and produces specialized reports and documents. Maintains files, records, logs, and other tracking systems.
5) Responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or on the telephone. Accesses and works with other staff to resolve issues from students, employees, and the public.
6) Maintains schedules, calendars, and appointments, which may include meetings and events and the arrangements associated with such, including preparing agendas, minutes, equipment, location, information packets, and follow up action items.
7) Performs complex computer activities including word processing, data collection, analysis of information, scheduling processes, and creating visual and graphic presentations; may update websites or use social media.
8) Coordinates the purchases of equipment and supplies; processes requisitions, monitors multiple departments budgets, maintains asset inventories, and assists in preparing budgets for some departments.
9) Analyzes operating practices such as record keeping systems, forms control, personnel, and budgetary requirements to create new systems or procedures.
10) May serve as a technical resource for computer hardware and software and other office equipment such as copiers and fax machines.
11) May coordinate and review work of office or department personnel.
12) May be assigned responsibility for special projects such as compiling special reports, scheduling rooms, compiling information, processing new hire paperwork, and creating presentation materials.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Principles and methods of budget preparation and expenditure control.
- Records retention, preservation, and recording.
- Office management processes and procedures.
- Maintaining an established work schedule. Some positions may be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including the use of attention to detail and follow-through.
- Compiling and organizing complex material, and summarizing discussions and actions taken in report form.
- Reviewing and preparing narrative and statistical reports and records.
- Interpreting and applying rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse population.
*Technology Skills *
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- May use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
Required Work Experience
- Three years related work experience.
Four years of related work experience may substitute for this education requirement. Applicants who substitute work experience to meet the education requirement must use additional related work experience to meet the years of "Required Work Experience" for this position. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend these terms of substitution at any time.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
$37,465 – $53,521
Reports to: District Police, Chief
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
December 6, 2021
*ACC Benefits Overview*_
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.