The Grant Proposal Manager provides support to UB faculty to coordinate the development, packaging, and submission of grant proposals to external funding agencies, specifically those that are multi-investigator, cross-disciplinary, and multi-institution.
This individual provides a range of services that includes identifying and distributing potential funding opportunities, assisting in the organization of proposal teams, and providing proposal management. Proposal Management may include collecting and reviewing required documents from the faculty proposal team, drafting required supporting documents, and facilitating budget development alongside specialists from UB Sponsored Projects Services (SPS). This position reports to the Associate VP for Research Advancement, Office of Research Advancement.
Coordinate proposal development and packaging:
- Coordinate proposal development efforts with faculty team members.
- Maintain a current understanding of funding sponsors, their guidelines, and their priorities.
- Thoroughly review funding solicitations.
- Develop proposal outlines, checklists, and timelines to facilitate proposal planning.
- Initiate and maintain regular communication with faculty proposal teams, SPS (Sponsored Project Services), and unit leadership throughout the grant proposal development process.
- Organize meetings and follow up with faculty teams.
- Facilitate contact with funding agencies, when requested.
Review grant proposal documents:
- Draft, format, secure, and review required grant proposal documents, including biographical sketches, current and pending funding, management plans, budget justifications, letters of support, training records, and other required supporting documentation.
- Ensure all documents are compliant with sponsor guidelines.
Assist in finding funding:
- Provide assistance to university faculty in finding appropriate federal grant opportunities.
Time management, attention to detail, strong communication skills and the ability to remain confident and poised in a fast-paced environment are essential. Individuals in this role must be adept problem-solvers who are able to manage multiple projects and requests under strict deadlines. The individual(s) should be able to work independently and collaboratively with other ORA / SPS staff members, as well as with faculty teams.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.