University of Idaho
Financial & Administrative Assistant
University Advancement (Div)
$15.70 per hour or more depending on education and experience
This position works as part of a team dedicated to ensuring the highest quality donor relations and stewardship program. They will be responsible for coordinating stewardship projects as well as presidential, advancement recognition and executive events, and assisting the Donor Relations and Stewardship team and Advancement Services unit as needed on special projects. The incumbent will also provide administrative support functions for Advancement Services including some financial responsibilities.
- 1 year of experience providing financial and/or administrative support in support of others
- Demonstrated experience planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating special projects and/or events
- Demonstrated experience analyzing information, identifying problems, defining alternatives and developing recommendations for management/administrators
- Experience with office support functions; word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- 3-5 years of experience providing financial and/or administrative support
- Experience researching and compiling financial information, preparing summaries and reports, and using personal computers to enter, retrieve and edit financial data
- Associates degree or bachelors degree in office management, business or related field
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality while managing highly sensitive documents and information
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with University of Idaho policies, business procedures and organizational structure
- Experience using database and software programs such as Banner, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Knowledge of advancement functions in higher education, i.e. fundraising, outreach, communications, alumni relations, etc.
- Excellent public relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Open Until Filled:
To be considered your Letter of Qualification must address each of the required qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the preferred qualifications as relevant.
For 1st consideration, please apply by February 3, 2020.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.