Senior Administrative Assistant
Georgia Southern University
3900140601-Leadership, Technology, Human
Department of Leadership, Technology and Human Development. The Senior Administrative Assistant serves as a first point of contact and performs a wide range of complex operational duties as well as liaison between operating units and departments to resolve day-to-day operational challenges.
- Greets and directs guests; manages calls connecting guests with appropriate person.
- Schedules meetings, training sessions, and other events by using internal systems.
- Monitors office supplies and provides budget reports.
- Distributes mail, publications and promotional items when requested online or in person.
- Helps develop, evaluate, and implement office procedures.
- Obtains quotes and assists with procurement of items for department.
- Prepares and posts meeting minutes.
- Supervises Student Assistants.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?:
Minimum Experience Required:
Three or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Previous administrative support experience in an academic setting.
$33,300 - $33,450
Job Open Date:
Job Closing Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/62488
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.