The University at Buffalo is accepting applications in a continuous recruitment effort to fill current and future temporary Staff Assistant positions. Applicants are contacted on an as-needed basis to fill temporary positions ranging in duration from one week up to one (1) year. Positions range in hours from part-time to full-time. Campus and department may vary depending on the assignment.
As a temporary Staff Assistant, you will spend the majority of your work time performing a combination of administrative tasks which may include:
- Providing general administrative support
- Assisting with budget
- Assisting with projects
- Preparing documents and reports
- Assisting with the coordination and planning of events
This is a great opportunity to gain on-campus experience and professional references. As a temporary employee, you can explore various departments and positions while getting a feel for what it’s like to work at The University at Buffalo. It is not a guarantee when you join the temporary pool that you will find a permanent position with the university.
If you are a current undergraduate student seeking employment opportunities, please contact Career Services to learn more. http://www.buffalo.edu/career.html
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience performing administrative tasks or providing customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Effective problem solving skills
A combination of education and experience or relevant military training may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience interacting with a broad and diverse population
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel