Under general supervision, the Professional Expert provides assistance and support in accordance with assignments and directions from the supervisor. Professional Experts:
* Have specialized knowledge or expertise not generally required of or found in the classifications established by the District.
* Must be specially trained, experienced, or competent to perform expert services.
* Are used on a temporary basis for a specific project or projects.
* Terms of employment will be described in the Professional Expert Employment Agreement
Professional Experts are not part of classified service. Professional Experts are at-will employees and have no entitlement rights to any position in the District. Professional Expert employment shall not result in the displacement of Classified personnel.
*Retired CalPERS Annuitants: may not exceed 960 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 through June 30)*
RCJTC Expert requires varying levels of specialized knowledge, skills, and experience in:
* Mental Health Training and Crisis Intervention Training for Law Enforcement Officers and Public Safety Personnel including but not limited to: problem-based learning, student-centered focus, best practices, and communication skills.
* Peace Officers Standard Training (POST).
* Relationship between stress and mental illness
* Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Veteran's Issues
* Legal Issues related to mental health and law enforcement
* Additional related areas
Requires subject matter and content area competency.