Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Facility Operations Assistant 2, Campus Operations
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
UB has an opportunity for a Facility Operations Assistant 2 (FOA2) within our Stores/Warehouse operation.
In this position you will be responsible for completing the tasks listed below:
- Supervise and assist as needed employees in various labor classes to perform work within the Stores/Warehouse Department.
- Oversee a crew consisting of Motor Vehicle Operators (SG-7), Facility Operations Assistant 1's (SG-6), student employees, part-time staff, and other staff as required.
Tasks within the department consist of, but are not limited to:
- Assists in inventory tracking, ordering, receiving, and shipping of various office materials
- Loads and unloads heavy equipment, supplies, and furniture by physically lifting items or operating a hand truck, forklift or pallet jack
- Moves items to and from storerooms and/or warehouses; maintains storage areas; tracks and records package movement
- Assists truck drivers and motor vehicle operators in picking up and delivering items. May drive delivery vehicles.
- Moves heavy furniture, office equipment, and records
- Cleans buildings and facilities, which includes but is not limited to: vacuuming, mopping, and waxing floors; emptying trash receptacles; washing lavatories and fixtures within; dusting and polishing wood and metal fixtures
- Equipment operation
- Snow and ice removal
- Other duties as assigned
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |