The Office of Educational Affairs (OEA) at Tufts School of Medicine is a highly student-centered office responsible for the medical education program, including curricular development, evaluation and assessment, centralized management of the curriculum, overseeing and administering educational grants, supporting the teaching faculty through faculty development programs, providing administrative support for education-related faculty committees, and scheduling space for classes, conferences, and meetings on the Health Sciences campus.
Tufts School of Medicine is committed to curricular innovation and improvement as we continually strive towards the next level of educational excellence.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Curriculum Director, the Administrative Coordinator for Curriculum is responsible for coordination of second-year courses and programs.
- Performs Front Office duties, including trouble-shooting equipment issues, ordering supplies
- Acts as liaison to faculty and students for curricular questions/concerns
- Communicates with course directors on an on-going basis
- Coordinates the day-to-day elements of the second-year curriculum and longitudinal courses (CANVAS, syllabi, exams preparation)
- Edits and reformats course syllabi
- Creates and maintains course materials to upload to LMS (CANVAS)
- Coordinates and proctors exams, including supporting exam preparation and implementation; proctors students with accommodations
- Implements non-standard preclinical curricular courses and programs, including Patient Presentations, Practical Approaches to Wellness, Meditation (COMPASS), and Healer’s Art
- Acts as a resource for faculty and students in the use of Echo, CANVAS, Examsoft, Pressbooks, and audience response systems
- Provides administrative support for weekly OEA curriculum team meetings and other curricular meetings, as needed
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of a high school diploma/GED and 5+ years of administrative experience OR a Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience
- Higher education, healthcare or curriculum delivery experience
- Strong Microsoft Office, familiarity with web applications and comfortable learning new software
- Strong sense of confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure, think clearly and alleviate stress of students in challenging situations
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Requires flexibility of work hours, including early arrival (7:30AM) and late departure (after 6:00PM) on occasions