Develops, coordinates, and delivers training programs and develops all employee development activities for the staff of Facilities Management.
- Manages, plans, develops, and administers training and staff development programs for all Facilities employees. Analyzes Facilities training needs to develop new training programs and/or modify and improve existing programs. Responsible for maximizing training effectiveness through proper vendor selection, collaboration with directors and managers, and evaluation of training impact.
- Manages the Facilities Training program to include setting goals as well as tracking, selecting, and managing vendors and other training partnerships. Meets with directors to define departmental goals, tracks progress toward goals, and contacts and evaluates vendors to ensure the proper training is available throughout the year. Partners with Central Human Resources Development, the Office of Continuing Education, and other internal and external stakeholders to fully leverage training and development opportunities for Facilities employees.
- Creates and manages Facilities Training processes and procedures. Develops training project plans and manages established timelines and budgets for the development and delivery of training and development programs as well as other organizational development initiatives.
- Develops and implements Facilities’ internal talent pipeline training programs to ensure continuous flow of adequately trained employees for skilled trades occupations including mechanical training programs. Develops and implements technical training programs for professional staff including design and construction employees, Architects, Engineers, Estimators, Designers, Construction Managers, and Project Managers.
- Responsible for measuring the impact and effectiveness of training programs through various methods such as employee surveys, employee and supervisor interviews, and job shadowing to evaluate training application on the job. Provides recommendations for skills and knowledge retention and measurements to drive connection between training and organizational skills.
- Provides relevant training metrics for all Facilities Training programs throughout the year including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports summarizing the number of training attendees, evaluation feedback, training by hours, training by shop, number of trainings held, etc. Presents reports to leadership and provides recommendations for training improvements while ensuring the optimal balance between time spent in training and time on the job.
- Plans, designs, and develops the Facilities training calendar and partners with Facilities IT to make it viewable on the Facilities website with the ability to register for courses online. Meets with stakeholders to plan training for each year to assure the type of frequency and location of training courses fit the needs of all shops and departments. Develops and implements the Facilities training education and certification vendor listing and catalog to allow each employee to attend training sessions provided by the vendor which best fits the needs of the employee in the department.
- Acts as a strategic partner with Facilities directors and managers in the development of Facilities employees through the AU performance review/management process. Demonstrates strong interpersonal and influential skills in dealing with all levels of management, develops relationships within the organization, and leverages the formal and informal organizational structure to assist in goal achievement.
- Manages and tracks all training education and certification requirements for all jobs housed in Facilities. Tracks and reports trainings and certificates for all Facilities employees.
- May perform other related duties as assigned by the Senior Manager of Facilities Human Resources.