For over three decades, the Gordon Institute has provided students with the knowledge and skills they need to lead both teams and entire companies. Our graduate and undergraduate engineering management, innovation & management, and entrepreneurship programs are taught by faculty who have excelled in industry, have started and run their own companies, and know what it takes to succeed in the business world.
We focus on technology leadership, innovation, and entrepreneurship—in classes, hands-on projects, and real-world experiences—to provide students the practical leadership tools necessary to develop innovative ideas that will make a difference in the world. Our alumni have become leaders in an array of public, private, and non-profit companies representing all industries from biotech to finance to technology R&D.
Founded by visionary and inventor Dr. Bernard Gordon, Tufts Gordon Institute is the first school dedicated to teaching engineering leadership. Our M.S. in Engineering Management program won the 2007 National Academy of Engineering Prize for Innovation in Engineering and Technology Education. Whether you are at the beginning of your career or a seasoned professional, our award-winning curriculum and unique approach to leadership education make Tufts Gordon Institute a truly remarkable place to embark on the next phase of your career—and your life.
What You'll Do
Reporting to Tufts Gordon Institute’s Director of Programs, Operations, and Marketing, the Marketing & Communications Manager leads the development of a fully integrated marketing and communications plan and the implementation of appropriate tools and tactics to build Tufts Gordon Institute (TGI) and Derby Entrepreneurship Center (DEC) brands, attract high caliber students, and actively engage a wide range of internal and external constituencies (e.g., students, alumni, corporate and university partners). The Derby Entrepreneurship Center is a part of the Tufts Gordon Institute. This position creates and executes marketing plans and develops the right mix of marketing and communications tools and tactics. Leads marketing campaigns, evaluates marketing performance metrics, and collaborates with internal teams.
What We're Looking For
*Knowledge and experience typically acquired by a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
* Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in marketing and communications.
* Advanced word processing (MS Office Suite), spreadsheet and database skills required.
* Experience with marketing automation software (Hubspot or other), Wordpress, Drupal, or other content management systems (CMS).
* Experience with web analytics platforms (such as Google Analytics, and PPC marketing techniques and tools (such as Google Ads).
* Experience with Search Engine Marketing/Search Engine Optimization (SEM/SEO)
* Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
* Experience in higher education marketing, communications, and admissions.
* Familiarity with desktop publishing and graphic design software.