Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Grants and Contracts Administrator
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Grants and Contracts Administrator
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Grants and Contracts Administrator will serve as a primary coordinator of pre-award business functions for a defined group of academic departments in the Office of Sponsored Programs. They will also support WPI principal investigators (PIs) in various aspects of non-financial award management.
Proposal Development and Submission
Communication, Outreach and Training
- Coordinates the development of budgets, justifications, certifications, assurances, and other required proposals components with the faculty in their assigned portfolio of academic departments
- Performs initial review of proposals to be submitted electronically to external sponsors to determine proposal are completed in accordance with University policies and sponsor guidelines.
- Provides important feedback and advice to faculty and staff on various aspects of proposal development and submission.
- Coordinates final submission and with the approval of the Board of Trustees, serves as Authorized Organizational Representative
- Plays a key role in the communication and outreach efforts of OSP including: utilizing OSP's available online research tools, conducting new faculty training, and updating departments on sponsor compliance updates.
- Participates in and assists in the development, implementation, and presentation of training.
Compliance, Reporting, and Award Activities
- Responds to inquiries from PIs, Department Heads, and other stakeholders in a timely and professional manner while prioritizing immediate proposal deadlines
- Bring a positive attitude and exemplify outstanding customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively using tact and discretion in a customer-service environment.
- Maintain proposal records with a high degree of accuracy in WPI's research data management system, InfoEd. Provide ad hoc reports at the request of faculty, deans, department heads, and others
- Liaison with other departments in WPI's research infrastructure (such as the General Counsel, Intellectual Property, Sponsored Programs Accounting, and the Vice Provost for Research), as well as the funding agencies, to resolve problems, ensure compliance, and/or obtain approval for deviation from award specifications (such as project extensions, re-budgeting, carry-forward requests, change of PI or PI transfers, reduction in effort by key personnel, change in project scope, approval for pre-award costs, etc.).
- Award setup and management support
- Coordinates the review and negotiation of award documents with the Associate Director and/or the Director of OSP, and other parties as necessary.
- Monitors PI compliance with sponsor policies and award terms and conditions. Verifies with appropriate offices that related compliance approvals have been filed and are up to date (e.g., Human Subjects, Animal Care, Conflict of Interest, etc.).
- Monitors the status of awards, expiration dates, and renewal deadlines; keeps PIs informed of approaching deadlines.
- Any other duties as required in the support of sponsored research activity at WPI
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- 1-3 years of experience in Higher Education, office management, or Grants Administration is strongly preferred. Student work experience or internships in office management, grants administration, public administration, or other areas apply. Familiarity with federal agencies and their general proposal requirements, such as NASA, NSF, NIH, DOD, as well as the Uniform Guidance and FARS/DFARS is particularly valuable
- The right candidate must be highly organized, have effective time-management and organizational skills, and have the ability to deal with multiple tasks, prioritize, and follow-through with deadlines.
- Both written and verbal communication skills are of the utmost importance: a candidate must demonstrate their ability to communicate well with faculty in their portfolio, across other departments in the research enterprise team, and within the internal Sponsored Programs team.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and computer skills required, particularly using Microsoft excel.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Grants-and-Contracts-Administrator_R0001612
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |