University of Idaho
College of Science
$15.00 per hour or more depending on experience
The research technician will be in charge of laboratory operations (including supplies and stocks, organization, waste management) and the care and maintenance of zebrafish colonies, and will also perform routine procedures (molecular biology, biological sample preservation/processing, immunostaining), as well as research experiments and analysis of resulting data. The research technician will help in training and assisting other lab members, and will assist in training and supervision of undergraduate researchers.
- Bachelors degree in field of biological sciences.
- At least 6 months of research and/or laboratory experience.
- Ability to execute and complete tasks in timely fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated capability of organized and complete record keeping.
- Experience with research lab operations and organization.
- Experience working with zebrafish.
- Experience with histological techniques, such as immunofluorescence.
- Experience with fluorescent microscopy, including image analysis.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working on independent research project(s).
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Applicants: Please ensure that your letter of qualification outlines how you meet all of the required qualifications and any applicable preferred qualifications.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.