Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Business Operations Assistant
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
Parking and Transportation Services is seeking a Business Operations Assistant to support the department through resource management and business operations oversight. In this position, you will perform a variety of duties, including:
- Oversee business operations including purchases and payments, financial reporting and assistance with budget preparation and personnel processing.
- Manage inventories and resources including parking permit allocations and distribution.
- Deliver excellent customer service as front line staff at our service counters and over the phone.
- Assist with social media, web announcements and other outreach activities representing the department.
This position represents the department by delivering excellent customer service as front line staff at our service counters, over the phone and at outreach activities and events.
Parking and Transportation Services is dedicated to balancing the demand of parking allocation and transportation alternatives to best serve the university community.
We aspire to:
- Continually enhance the level of service to our customers with transportation efficiency, e-business innovations, outreach and courteous interpersonal interactions
- Fairly enforce parking regulations to provide orderly and safe parking for our campus community and constituents
- Support the university’s mission by providing the means to get to class, labs, libraries, work and off-campus activities
- Advocate for sustainability by exploring and providing transportation alternatives and programs to reduce single occupancy vehicles
- Deliver high quality service to our university
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Associate’s degree with 2+ years of work experience
- Previous business operations experience, with an emphasis on financial services
- Ability to deliver superior customer service in person, via email and over the phone
- Ability to employ tact, empathy and listening skills in customer interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse population of students, faculty/staff and campus visitors
- Strong Organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to articulate the mission and benefits of the department at public events
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications: primarily Excel; Word and Outlook
- Ability to learn new software applications
- Ability to work independently without day-to-day supervision
- Familiarity with social media platforms, specifically Twitter
- Bachelor’s degree with 1+ years of experience
- Proven financial reporting experience
- Experience preparing, or assisting with, budget preparation
- Proven customer service experience and a stated philosophy of customer service excellence
- Two or more years’ experience in parking, transportation or related field
- Knowledge of UB software systems: SIRI; E-Req: E-PTF
- Demonstrable organizational; public relations; and communications skills
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |