SummaryPerforms a variety of specialized admissions and enrollment activities to directly support Strong Workforce programs in connection with the admission, enrollment, records, academic progress success, and enrollment status. Serves as a technical resource for one or more designated customer service sections with Admissions and Records, providing support to any and all other sections. Distinguishing Career FeaturesThe Admissions and Records Technician II â Strong Workforce represents the second level within an enrollment career path requiring demonstrated ability to serve as a technical subject matter specialist and perform in most admissions and records functions that include, but are not limited to admissions, registration, residency determination, student enrollment status, academic progress, transcript evaluation, Faculty Services and Veteran Services. Advancement to Technician Senior is based on need and attainment of a high level of expertise in transcript evaluation and audit, graduation determination, Faculty Services, Veterans Services, Admissions, Residency Determination of complex situations and Registration. In addition, Technician Senior requires the skills to run complex and technical processes in the Student Information System on a regularly scheduled basis. Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesSpecific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties: The Admissions and Records Technician II â Strong Workforce serves as a subject matter specialist in one or more areas encompassing a portion of these duties, however is fully capable of performing all of the following:
* Provide technical information on issues pertaining to interpretation of admissions and student record guidelines and policies related to Strong Workforce programs.
* Responds to inquiries pertaining to admission and enrollment requirements and procedures, including those from other Technicians requiring special knowledge.
* Researches, interprets, clarifies, and resolves a variety of problems dealing with, but not limited to, admissions, registration, residency, student enrollment status, and fees.
* Participates in the activities connected with student applications and enrollment in direct support of Strong Workforce programs. Ensures that customer service stations are setup and can access on-line and manual database records and resources.
* Processes application forms by entering data onto a computerized student information system for Strong Workforce programs. Reviews student admissions applications for completeness and to determine questionnaires and correspondence to be sent to applicants. Prepares and distributes form letters used for admitting or welcoming new students.
* Assists with analyzing and evaluating residency documents submitted by students to evidence bona fide residence and authenticity. Determines residency issues as they relate to student admissions, including challenges, exemptions, and evaluation of circumstances.
* To support the Nursing Program, receives and evaluates official transcripts from other education institutions and verifies acceptable accreditation. Processes non-traditional credit requests. Processes pre-requisite clearances.
* Participates in reviews and evaluation of transcripts for general education certification and degree petitions.
* Provides counselors, academic advisors, and students with accurate and current information regarding the use and transferability of courses taken at other colleges and universities.
* Calculates incoming student cumulative data and grade point average, converting data to semester system if prior educational institution operated on a quarter-system.
* Processes late registration and enrollment changes, assuring accurate posting of student drops, enrollment changes, and fees collected or owed.
* Extracts and downloads information using standardized queries, to prepare reports and audit accuracy of student and academic data.
* Assists students in obtaining records and copies of transcripts. Mails copies of transcripts and verifications of enrollment as requested.
* Verifies class enrollment status for students and faculty members. Interacts with students, managers, and other staff members to accept and facilitate transactions such as, but not limited to, student petitions, as appropriate.
* May maintain records of student attendance, instructor drops, and grades. Issues and processes instructor records. Researches discrepancies and informs instructors of enrollment changes as needed.
* Evaluates, corrects, and updates student records in compliance with educational codes, identifies and updates student course repetitions; performs quality control to educational advising by analyzing potential discrepancies, omissions, or inconsistencies while evaluating degree petitions.
* May processes grade changes and petitions for academic renewal. Notifies student of approval/disapproval. Makes changes to student records.
* Apprise supervisor of unusual requests and/or exceptions to procedures regarding assigned area of responsibility.
* Serves as point of contact with students and prospective students for services provided by the department. May assist in representing the District at activities of local area high schools and/or other external agencies/organizations. Interacts with other District organizational units to provide students with a comprehensive enrollment package.
* Serves on, or supports committees to provide job related information, as assigned.
* Provides faculty members and other staff with pertinent information about and procedures for recording attendance and grades, class deadlines, etc.
* Receives, counts, and reconciles registration monies related to Strong Workforce registration processes. Posts funds collected to appropriate accounts and categories. Verifies and reconciles revenue categories on cash summary reports, ensuring accuracy and detail for audit trail purposes.
* Adjusts student fee records based on class schedule changes. Responds to information by departments, external agencies, and organizations to keep them apprised of current college education expenses for their clients.
* Assists in reviewing applications and other information and certifies student enrollment status for VA benefits; helps students understand and navigate various education benefit options and provides necessary forms; reviews completed forms for accuracy and completeness; reviews and processes student certification, unit changes, and VA paperwork related educational benefits.
* Posts receipts to student financial records, prepares and creates invoices specific to individual students for unpaid balances audits and updates refund reports.
* Composes general office correspondence and performs other clerical services of a routine nature including, but not limited to filing, data entry, processing of departmental bulk mail, and completing forms.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of programs, services, policies and procedures for admissions, registration, and student records. Provides information to potential service users, including topics such as assessment, graduation, and transfer.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.