The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at the University at Buffalo invites applications for Regional Recruiter positions in NYC Metro area, Florida, California and Illinois.
UB is seeking candidates who are a motivated self-starter who have the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
The Regional Recruiter designs and implements student recruitment activities that are in line with office-wide strategic goals for out of state recruitment. They serve as an information specialist, interpreting university admission requirements, academic policies and student service procedures for students, parents, and counselors. This position requires a strong communicator with polished presentation skills.
The Regional Recruiter must be living or willing to relocate to one of the identified areas and will work in a professional home office space. This position requires travel in targeted areas making it ideal for the candidate to live in the NYC Metro, Florida, California or Illinois areas. Relocation expenses will not be reimbursed if relocating for this position.
THIS IS A 12 MONTH TERM POSITION.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a recruitment plan for your assigned territory; conducting high school visits, attending college fairs, and planning/hosting area events.
- Building and strengthening relationships with primary feeder schools, community colleges, and independent counselors to help increase yield. Develop new markets to broaden qualified applicant pool.
- Extensive travel and driving are required to targeted high schools and events in assigned region in and out of state to provide presentations to students and parents. (many evening and weekend programs)
- Coordinating recruitment activities while being held responsible for the execution of institutional recruitment and marketing plans and proper expenditure of budget.
- Attending high school recruitment fairs and college nights to represent UB and provide information to prospective students (including plentiful evening and weekend travel)
- Developing, utilizing and staying current with communication and marketing tools including publications, computer information, data analysis, etc.
- Serving as a liaison between prospective students and the Office of Admissions in Buffalo; call campaigns, answering telephone calls, email and requests for information in a timely manner.
- Working with other regional recruitment professionals to coordinate activities and foster professional development.
- Travel to the University at Buffalo 4-8 times a year for on-campus events and staff meetings.
- Create reports that track progress towards goals and territory data to departmental leadership
The University at Buffalo is New York State’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering numerous possibilities for achievement and professional growth in a diverse, inclusive, supportive and creative environment. Here people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further human knowledge and understanding, and produce tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience handling an array of front facing duties is required.
- Knowledgeable about admissions and recruitment practices in higher education.
- Must be computer literate and have access to the internet.
- Experience with coordinating, developing, and executing a high-volume travel schedule.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are necessary. Enthusiasm for higher education is crucial. Experience working with diverse populations. Being flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude. Strong work ethic and time management.
- A valid U.S. Driver’s License or the ability to demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs for this position.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
- Master’s degree and prior high school college advising experience. Higher Education experience.
- Residency in the most populated/central area of recruitment territory and familiarity within territory preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish or Mandarin)
Contact’s Name Rose Polino
Contact’s Title HR & Finance Manager
Contact’s Email email@example.com
Contact’s Phone 716-645-5019