Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant Director of Finance, College of Arts and Sciences
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The College of Arts and Sciences
is looking for a Assistant Director of Finance who works under the strategic leadership of the Director of Finance to provide oversight of business practices, budget administration, forecasting, financial reporting, problem solving, special projects and account analysis among other duties.
Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Key strategic partner in resource planning activities and initiatives to include collaborating with department finance leaders, coordinating financial plans and requests, developing, and evaluating investment proposals, tracking progress on investment outcomes.
- Assist with financial analysis related to commitments and develop a cash management and forecasting model to provide predictability for the utilization of cash as compared to resource commitments.
- In collaboration with the Director Finance, develop a tuition planning and forecasting model to analyze trends and outcomes.
- Collaborate in the development of an investment outcome assessment tool and quarterly financial budget versus actual reporting.
- Responsible for managing the annual fee certification process and working with departments on new and revised course and service center fees.
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance analyze, monitor and report the spending and utilization of UB Foundation accounts.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a finance and operations procedures library. This includes rolling out consistent operating and documentation standards across the college.
- Integral in formulating presentations for leadership.
- Coordinate and provide necessary data and information for various reports, on a regular basis, and respond to ad hoc or one-time reporting requests from the Director of Finance, Unit Business Officer, Associate Deans or other University offices.
- Provide training to departments and academic and support offices on budget development, strategy, monitoring, adjustments, and other related topics to ensure compliance with university and SUNY policies and state and federal regulations. Responsible for organizing and planning recurring departmental administrator meetings.
- Ensure adherence to University and College policies and procedures and implement processes with an eye toward efficiency and best practices. This will include collaborating with senior staff in the Office of the Dean such as the UBO, FPMO, Associate Dean for Strategic Programs, and Assistant Dean for Communication as well as Sector Administrative Directors.
- Serve as a member on the Budget Oversight Committee
The following are key competencies necessary of the role:
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Attention to detail
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Intellectually curious
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
The College of Arts and Sciences is the largest interdisciplinary academic unit at the University at Buffalo. With 30 departments, 16 academic programs and 23 centers and institutes in the arts and humanities, natural sciences and mathematics and the social sciences, the College offers more academic options than any other unit on campus.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years’ experience or Master’s degree with 1 year experience. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Supervisory, administrative, and financial management experience and proficiency.
- Excellent oral/written communication and ability to interact professionally and positively with a diverse constituency.
- Must demonstrate adaptability and problem-solving skills.
- Must be customer-service focused and able to respond to stressful situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Demonstrated computer skills with MS Office.
- Degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance or related financial management area
- Higher education experience in a research University environment
- Experience with SUNY policies and operations, preferably UB
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |