This position reports to the Associate Director of Residence Life and is responsible to manage and supervise activities effecting the staff and students of the assigned residence area(s). This is a full-time, eleven month; live-in position. There are three positions available.
The principal accountabilities for the Community Director at Bryant University include but are not limited to the following:
1. Maintaining a proper living environment for residence hall students through ensuring that rules and regulations (including fire safety, quiet hours, building maintenance, and security) which affect the quality of life in the residence halls, are upheld;
2. Providing counseling assistance and guidance to students;
3. Training, developing programs with, and supervising the activities of, student resident assistants;
4. Developing creative social, cultural, safety and educational programs for students;
5. Coordinating proper building maintenance with maintenance employees;
6. Completing administrative assignments in a timely manner as required; and,
7. Performing other duties as assigned.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.