If you are a current ECC Employee, please use the internal application to apply for this position.
Posting Closing Date:
February 7, 2019
Position Title: Supervisor of Accounts Payable
Job Group: 9
*DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS*_
The work involves assisting in the planning, coordination and supervision of the accounts payable function at the College. The incumbent is responsible for supervising and maintaining various ledgers, books of accounts and related financial records and preparing appropriate reports. Work is performed under the direct supervision of higher-level administrative staff. Supervision is exercised over lower level clerical staff. Does related work as required.
*TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES*_
- Supervises the maintenance of SUNY Erie payables records and ensures that capital purchases are operational at the departmental level;
- Maintains appropriate ledgers, books of account, registers, vouchers, requisitions and related records;
- Summarizes and journals transactions for entry and posting;
- Audits vouchers and other financial documents for sufficiency of funds, accuracy and completeness;
- Prepares financial statements, budget estimates and analysis of accounts;
- Examines financial statements and records prepared or maintained by others;
- Maintains office records, including but not limited to, attendance, leave time, deductions, etc.;
- Contacts outside agencies, vendors in connection with the maintenance of financial accounts.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES*_
Thorough knowledge of modern account keeping and bookkeeping practices; thorough knowledge of business arithmetic and English; thorough knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment; good knowledge of computerized accounting systems; good knowledge of budget preparation and control; ability to make arithmetic computations rapidly and accurately; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to get along well with others; ability to develop, prepare and make recommendations on reports from journals, ledgers and related financial records and accounts a high degree of accuracy; initiative; dependability; physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Graduation from a regionally accredited two (2) year college or university with an Associate’s degree in Accounting and three (3) years of business or office experience, at least two (2) years of which must have involved the maintaining of financial records and accounts;
Completion of two (2) years of study at a regionally accredited college or university, which included sixteen (16) semester hours in Accounting, and three (3) years of business or office experience, at least two (2) years of which must have involved the maintaining of financial records and accounts;
Graduation from high school and five (5) years of business or office experience, at least two (2) years of which must have involved the maintaining of financial records and accounts;
An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B) and ©.
This is a provisional civil service appointment, which means the successful candidate will be required to take the next available civil service exam for this job title and achieve a "reachable" exam score.
Our mission to offer quality education includes exposing our students to a diverse range of cultures, experiences and expertise. At Erie Community College, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Contact Human Resources at (716) 270-1840 with any questions.