Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0130801 - Small Business Development Center
Provide one-on-one business consulting and group business training to new and existing small businesses in Bulloch, Chatham and surrounding counties. This is a grant funded position. Funding for this position is anticipated through December 31, 2021. Continued employment is subject to availability of grant funds.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Work collaboratively with private sector businesses and other economic development assistance units of University System and other units of State Government to further economic well-being of Georgia's citizens
- Analyze situations, make recommendations and educate clients with regard to business plans, market feasibility, financial viability, operations management and legal structures
- Direct clients to other appropriate sources of business information and assistance
- Develop and deliver business training programs that are responsive to needs of business community served
- Perform administrative responsibilities as assigned including documenting activities
- Assist in office operation to ensure client service and timely response to client inquiries
- Serve as an advocate of business development, expansion and retention in area
- Engage in public relations activities such as speeches and presentations
- Actively participate in development and execution of sponsorship acquisition strategies in support of area office and state goals
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience
- Master's Degree in a business-related field
Required Documents to Attach
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
Apply Before Date
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
May 7, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek often extends beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Occasional travel may be required
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=225581&PostingSeq=1