University of Idaho
4-H Assistant Custer County
Off Campus Location - Custer County Extension Office, Challis ID
Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
$15.00 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Assist with the coordination of the 4-H Program in the county; work as a member of a team to develop 4-H programming that meets the youth development needs of Custer County youth and families; and take responsibility for helping to recruit, train, and support volunteer leaders and 4-H members.
- Experience in youth development or agriculture.
- Experience working with and motivating youth and adults in a friendly and courteous manner; experience with the agriculture industry.
- Willingness to conduct, attend, and travel to evening and weekend activities and meetings at job location, and other work sites out of town.
- Experience with computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
- Experience operating a standard 44 pickup and hooking up and hauling bumper-pull trailers and equipment.
- Associates degree or higher in related area.
- Experience working both independently or in a team setting with multiple people.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write concise reports and effectively speak to audiences of youth and adults.
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining and updating social media sites (such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of and experience with the 4-H Youth Development program and operations.
- Ability to work professionally with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to perform detailed work.
- Experience in program marketing and promotion.
- Experience in fundraising.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability and willingness to do physical labor and work outdoors, including lifting, carrying, and/or otherwise moving up to 30 pounds.
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operators license and be able to meet policy requirements for driving University vehicles.
- Must provide own transportation for travel to other work sites. University will follow applicable policies if personal vehicle is used, which may include reimbursement at a pre-established rate.
Open Until Filled:
First consideration will be given to applications received on or before April 3, 2020.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.