Technology Business Manager
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
Simmons University is looking for a Technology Business Manager (Manager) to join the Technology Department. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Manager will be the point person for the procurement of all technology hardware, software, services and assets for the University. From negotiating and managing all technology contracts and vendor relationships to working with Technology's management team to improve processes and relationships, the Manager will play a critical role in short and long-term technology strategy of the University.
Asset and Mobile Device Management
- Oversee and manage the IT procurement process for all capital and operating level transactions
- Track and report on the purchasing demands across business units and the University
- Provide quarterly reporting to Technology's management team on budget-to-actual
- Ensure that the purchase of new technology hardware and software goes through the proper process and channels for approval and integration
- Process purchase orders and invoices related to procurement, roughly 300 and 600 a year respectively
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, contracts and other purchasing materials
- Track Technology's 3,000 hardware and 100 software assets, including the campus-wide mobile device program
- Manage the renewal of software assets to ensure licensing compliance
- Oversee the asset database, training Technology staff on the use of the database as well as leading database optimization initiatives
- Evaluate and make recommendations for new assets using data from the asset database
- Quarterly reconcile mobile devices on and off-campus for inventory purposes
- Oversee and manage all Technology vendor and contract relationships as well as equipment, service and software pricing for operating and capital purchases
- Drive annual business reviews with key Technology vendors, working with the General Counsel on contract renewals
- Review vendor performance against contractual obligations
- Monitor contract budget performance, identifying and resolving issues
- Support Technology senior managers in the development and management of the department's operating and capital budgets
- Work with other members of the Technology team on projects relating to Technology assets, vendor management, and operations
- Recruit temporary staff as needed
- Other responsibilities as needed
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience within a Technology or IT department
- Ability to analyze, create and present financial results/reports and manage a budget
- Previous experience in product lifecycle management preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Detailed oriented, organized and highly motivated
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are a must
- Willingness to adapt to changing priorities
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times
- Previous experience in Higher Education a plus
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Technology-Business-Manager_R06730-2
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.