Veterinary Technician Supervisor - ECC
The Emergency and Critical Care Section provides high-quality service to the Small Animal Hospital for emergency and critical patients. In addition, this section creates a positive learning experience for Cummings School students and house staff with regard to small animal emergency and critical care medicine and supports the training of specialized ECC technicians.
What You'll Do
The Senior Veterinary Technician in ICU is responsible for assisting the Hospital Administration and ECC Faculty Service Leader in directing the daily function and smooth operation of the Small Animal ICU Service.
The Veterinary Technician Supervisor, ensures that high-quality technical assistance will be provided to all patients presented to the service as well as providing excellent customer service to clinicians, residents, interns, and students.
Technical duties include:
- Caring for critical and emergent patients hospitalized in the ICU
- teaching, and assisting veterinary students in correct technical procedures; ensuring that support staff stay abreast of new techniques and are capable of effectively training veterinary students; and promoting quality service to all ECC customers.
Administrative duties include:
- Coordinating and scheduling technical staff to meet the needs of the Service for critical and emergency cases in the Small Animal Hospital.
- Recommend changes and make proposals for cost-saving improvements which will enhance the production and operation of the ECC Service.
- Promote, facilitate, and develop a team spirit and productive workforce among the ECC technicians. This requires frequent, clear communication with the Inpatient Hospital Operations Manager, Faculty Service Leader and ER Senior Technician.
The schedule for this position may include evenings and weekends and may include providing University and calendar holiday coverage on a rotating basis.
The schedule for this position requires flexibility to insure that adequate leadership support and patient care is provided without interruption or exception.
This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings
What We're Looking For
- Required education: Graduate of accredited veterinary technology program or degree in related field
- Three (3) years as a Certified Veterinary Technician
- Computer/technical skills: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Three-plus (3+) years of related experience
- Previous experience as a supervisor
- Experience in a veterinary teaching hospital
- Advanced technical ability and strong knowledge of emergency and critical care.
- VTS (ECC) certification or certification-eligible.
Minimum $28.35, Midpoint $34.03, Maximum $39.70
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.