Senior Marketing Project Manager - Office of University Communications and Marketing
The Office of University Communications and Marketing (UCM) has overall responsibility for marketing and brand management, media relations and content, producing various print and web publications and communications for the university. The office optimizes the coordination of strategies and programs for these areas. The Marketing and Branding group reports up to the VP of Communications and Marketing and produces a wide range of print and digital marketing – from event invitations to integrated marketing campaigns – across all schools and university-wide campaigns. The group comprises Marketing Strategy, Creative Services, and Digital Services and oversees the university’s marketing strategy, brand messaging, visual identity, and directs marketing and lead-generation campaigns to support awareness, enrollment, and fundraising.
What You'll Do
The Senior Marketing Project Manager (SMPM) partners with colleagues throughout the University to plan and manage marketing and communications projects.
The SMPM is a leader and skilled problem solver with the ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with a variety of stakeholders, has a positive attitude, and displays a willingness and flexibility to help meet department/University goals in any capacity. Efficiency and expert-level organizational skills are a must—managing expectations is as important as managing projects. This individual takes initiative and is results oriented. The SMPM works closely with the marketing strategists and business partners to define project goals and identify metrics for success. The SMPM develops processes, milestones, and timelines to create and write project plans that ensure projects meet objectives and expectations, taking appropriate action to overcome obstacles where necessary. The SMPM will coordinate resources and manage cross-functional project teams. The SMPM will liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis and report on progress to the appropriate audiences using the appropriate tools, guaranteeing quality data in our project management system.
The SMPM’s portfolio of projects will consist of complex, high priority projects. The ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize while maintaining high standards of accuracy and quality under deadline pressure is a must.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, specialized training or equivalent experience and minimum of 7+ years project management experience, at least 5 of those years in an advertising/communications/marketing setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to brainstorm creative solutions to problems
- Experience collaborating with a diverse, multidisciplinary team
- Attention to detail
- Desire to learn and apply new skills
- Friendly, creative, collaborative, and independent
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Experience working in higher education a plus
- Project management credentials a plus