Administrative Coordinator - Occupational Health
Tufts University Occupational Health Services (OHS) provides work-related medical services to university faculty, staff, and employees, with the goal of preventing and minimizing health risks. Student Health Services supports the educational mission of Tufts University by providing accessible and high-quality health care for a highly diverse student population. The Grafton campus of Tufts University is home to the Cumming’s School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University and the Tufts New England Regional Bio-safety Laboratory. On the Grafton campus, Tufts OHS will provide occupational health services and same day health services to faculty, staff, and students using a unique blended model responding to the needs of Tufts’ entire Grafton community. A mission of Tufts OHS on the Grafton campus is the provision of high-quality health care for a diverse student, faculty, and staff population, and we strive to maintain the physical, psychological, and social health of the community. Tufts OHS is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment that is inclusive and culturally informed. Our values are confidentiality, respect for diversity, promotion of wellness, and continuous professional growth. NPs and RNs work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to meet the medical needs of students, faculty, and staff, including evaluation and treatment of work-related injuries, disease prevention, health promotion, and routine primary care services. Mental health services for students are provided by a vendor which provides a mix of on-site and virtual consultations.
This is a 35-hour per week position and is 100% in-person. No hybrid or remote option is feasible.
What You'll Do
Under limited supervision, the Administrative Coordinator performs complex and diverse duties for the department and serves as a source of information and problem-solving for students, faculty, and staff. They will provide general guidance and explanation of departmental policies and procedures and may communicate on behalf of manager(s) to explain or disseminate information. The Admin will also provide administrative support, including organizing files systems for office, coordinating meetings and travel arrangements, meeting calendar management for the nurses and providers, as well as producing, proofreading and editing reports, documents and spreadsheets. They will coordinate planning and logistics for meetings and special events located on the Grafton campus. They will provide administrative support to the nurses and clinicians in the OHS and Student Health office in a professional manner, functioning as the primary interface between the employee/student and OHS and Student Health providers. This includes creating appointments, managing schedules, and ensuring proper patient flow. They have responsibility for ordering all office supplies and ensuring office equipment functions properly. The emphasis is placed on the ability to organize priorities, complete tasks, manage confidential patient information, and other tasks related to support of a medical office.
What We're Looking For
1. Years of related experience required: 5+ years - college degree may serve as a substitute for some years of experience.
2. Required education: High School Diploma/GED
3. Demonstrated ability of computer skills necessary to use electronic medical record and practice management modules.
4. Good command of the English language, including medical terminology.
5. Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility to manage multiple tasks and the accurate attention to details.
6. Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
7. Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and courteously with diverse groups of patients, staff, and providers.
9. Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and function as a resource to other members of the team and resolve complex issues on behalf of the providers and the patients.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA Confidentiality and Privacy Policies.
11. Demonstrated understanding of Disaster protocols to include: fire, safety, and code calls, per mandatory training.
Bachelor's Degree and at least five years of related experience is preferred. Experience with Medical Practice management software is a plus.