Data Analyst -Center For Applied Brain and Cognitive Sciences
The mission of the Center for Applied Brain and Cognitive sciences (CABCS) is to bring together a unique interdisciplinary community of scientists and engineers to advance the state of the art in applied brain and cognitive sciences. The center provides an innovative environment for conducting collaborative applied research focusing on measuring, predicting, and enhancing cognitive capabilities and human system interactions for individuals and teams working in naturalistic high-stakes environments.
This position is a limited term role, renewable annually, based on performance and budget availability
What You'll Do
Collects and cleans data and performs data analysis. Applies statistical and machine learning methods to describe, summarize, and interpret data, and communicates results to inform decision making. Prepares statistical summaries and reports to interpret data, communicate results and inform decision-making
• Assists Principal Investigators, Managers and/or research team in determining sources to collect appropriate data and ensure maintenance, accuracy and integrity of data
• Organizes data from a range of sources and conducts data cleaning in preparation for analysis
• Performs data processing and analysis using statistical and machine learning approaches
• Prepares reports and summaries to interpret data, communicate results and inform decision-making
• May initiate new reporting and analytical tools to improve results and decision-making
• Assists in analysis and implementation of current processes and makes recommendations for improvement
• Contributes to the conceptual development of qualitative/quantitative research questions and evaluation plans
• May oversee user training
What We're Looking For
• Master’s degree in related field, or Bachelor’s degree with several years related experience
• Experience with data processing, analysis, and visualization software
• Ability to manage databases, construct data files, conduct and supervise data entry, and perform data edits/cleaning
• Experience in data quality control
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team
• Strong writing skills and ability to prepare clear documentation
• Strong analytical skills
• Related software such as Python, MATLAB, Microsoft Excel, SQL, Tableau, SAS, and/or R
• Expertise in applying machine learning packages to process and interpret complex, multivariate and time-series data.
• Expertise in applying multivariate statistical models, including generalized estimating equations (GEE), linear mixed effects models (LMM), and LASSO regression.