Refer a Friend or Colleague

If you would like to let a colleague know about this job, you can enter your name, e-mail address, your colleague or friend's name, and a short message below.

Your friend/colleague will receive an e-mail containing your message and the abreviated job description shown below.

Tell a Friend or Colleague About This Job

  • Research Technician - Ira Herman Lab
    Department of Developmental, Molecular and Chemical Biology
    Tufts University


    The Department of Developmental, Molecular and Chemical Biology conducts research of basic biochemical and molecular mechanisms involved in cell functions in both the normal and diseased states, as well as teaching students at the Medical, Dental Schools, and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.

    What You'll Do

    Under close supervision of Principal Investigator, the Research Technician will conduct a variety of bench research experiments following established procedures and protocols predominantly using cell and tissue culture, characterization of therapeutic peptides’ efficacy on cell behavior. Additional responsibilities include:

    • Perform additional experiments using techniques such as tissue culture, immunohistochemistry, electrophoresis, protein purification, immunofluorescence and Western blotting

    • Records results and maintains accurate records of experiments

    • Interpretats data and assists with basic statistics and analysis

    • Maintains laboratory equipment and orders/keeps inventory of supplies

    • Prepares stock solutions, reagents and other media


    What We're Looking For

    Basic Requirements:

    • Knowledge and skills typically acquired by a Bachelor’s degree in science with up to one year laboratory experience

    • Possess a strong basic lab foundation

    Preferred Qualifications:

    • Familiarity with laboratory techniques and procedures as identified above



RSS for the latest higher education jobs
Atom for the latest higher education jobs
Need a Sabbatical Home Near Medford?