Digital Production Specialist - University Relations
The Office of University Communications and Marketing (UCM) has overall responsibility for marketing and brand management, media relations and content producing various print and web publications and communications for the university. The office optimizes the coordination of strategies and programs for these areas. The Marketing and Branding group reports up to the VP of Communications and Marketing and produces a wide range of print and digital marketing – from event invitations to integrated marketing campaigns – across all schools and university-wide campaigns. The group comprises Marketing Strategy, Creative Services, and Digital Services and oversees the university’s marketing strategy, brand messaging, visual identity, and directs marketing and lead-generation campaigns to support awareness, enrollment, and fund-raising efforts.
This position has a designation of hybrid with the expecation that employees come in when needed.
What You'll Do
The Digital Production Specialist performs a range of email and web production tasks in support of University Communications and Marketing, from email production and QA in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Hubspot to website and landing page updates/creation in WordPress and Drupal. Also uses other tools, including Google Analytics, SEMRush, and SiteImprove, to support marketing research and analysis.
The Digital Production Specialist is a problem solver who is skilled in troubleshooting technical issues. The Digital Production Specialist is detail-oriented, an excellent communicator, and enjoys being part of a fast-paced Marketing team.
What We're Looking For
• B.A./B.S. in marketing, marketing communications, or related field
• 3-5 years’ experience in digital marketing (email/web/social) production
• Experience with marketing systems, such as HubSpot and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Experience with CMS software systems, such as Drupal and WordPress
• Knowledge of web marketing best practices
• Proficient in HTML, cross-platform browser testing, and web standards
• Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and /or InDesign helpful
• Responds in a timely manner with a strong customer service orientation to requests from university partners and colleagues
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Attentive to detail
• Applies knowledge and ensures compliance with University and industry standards for security, privacy, and accessibility.
• Higher education experience a plus, but not required
• Experience ensuring compliance of web page content with W3C and Section 508 (ADA) accessibility standards preferred. Ongoing training will be provided to help keep up with current trends and requirements