Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Office Coordinator, Career Education Center
Office Coordinator, Career Education Center
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
Simmons University is looking for an Office Coordinator to join the Career Education Center (CEC). Reporting to the Director, the Office Coordinator will serve as a principal point of contact and resource for students, staff, faculty, alumnae/i, and external clients as they engage with the CEC. From managing the day-to-day operations of the CEC to supporting all CEC events, both on- and off-campus, the Office Coordinator will play a critical role in preparing Simmons current and previous students for professional success.
As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we seek candidates who embody these values and who have proven experience successfully working with individuals across a broad spectrum of identities and perspectives.
- Oversee all administrative functions and needs of the office, including customer service, operational support, and support for the Director and CEC staff;
- Serve as a principal point of contact for students, faculty, staff, alumnae/I, employers, and other external clients who engage with the CEC, creating an inclusive, welcoming and supportive environment;
- Oversee the CEC email inbox and main phone number, working with the CEC's student workers to respond;
- Oversee scheduling of departmental appointments, assisting students and alumni with online career services technology and other CEC services, and informing employers about recruiting and job posting procedures;
- Assist the Director with all aspects of the department budget including expense tracking, overseeing inventory needs and processing of purchases, and monthly budget reconciliation;
- Assist with event planning, management, and marketing of on- and off-campus recruitment events and career fairs, including producing and distributing marketing materials;
- Oversee all operational data collection and reporting, including career and employment outcomes reporting and the collection and tabulation of surveys and evaluation forms from CEC events and workshops;
- Maintain the CEC's section of the simmons.edu website, including editing and updating the site and online event listings;
- Train students and departments on career services software platform(s) as needed;
- Manage the licensed 3rd party career platform, Handshake, for office administration, online job and employment databases, and other features;
- Assist in the hiring, training, and daily supervision of work-study students in the CEC;
- As needed, travel to selected regional conferences and events;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum 3 years of related professional experience, preferably in higher education;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail, organization and prioritization skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to think critically and proactively solve issues before and when they arise;
- Proven ability to work with individuals across a broad array of identities and perspectives;
- Collaborative team player who can work in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment;
- Familiarity with common software applications such as MS Office Suite and Google apps;
- Proficient with spreadsheet applications such as Excel and database application software;
- Interest in higher education administration and/or career services a plus;
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Office-Coordinator--Career-Education-Center_R06571
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |