Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Program Assistant IV
University of San Francisco
Program Assistant IV
The Graduate Admissions Assistant will report to and support the graduate recruiter and admission coordinator at the School of Nursing & Health Professions. The assistant will be responsible for facilitating the online admission process for all graduate programs, including processing online applications and documents, prerequisites, interviews, and communication with applicants. Assistant will also participate in coordinating recruiting events on campus. Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential applicant information and provide outstanding and timely service to all applicant inquiries. May supervise student workers.
Full Job Description:
50% Admission Process Support
50% Recruitment Support
- Support office procedures for efficient processing of graduate admission applications
- Assist with software system maintenance to enhance the graduate admissions process
- Review applications for completeness & contact students for missing application materials (Transcripts, Letters of Recommendation, Personal Statements, Resume, Supplemental Materials, etc)
- Actively communicate and update individual applicants via verbal and written communication on application status including missing materials (via email/phone/person)
- Work with graduate admissions office to troubleshoot incomplete applicant materials
- Able to effectively prioritize and work on multiple tasks with concurrent and rolling admission deadlines and demonstrate excellent time management skills and efficiency
- Responsible for data entry, file management, and calculations using computerized database, word processing and spreadsheet software review data input for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain high level of motivation for job functions with positive attitude
- Support with onboarding faculty with the usage of reviewing applications on SLATE.
- Troubleshoot and support students who are having issues submitting applications.
- Serve as liaison person and maintain communication to prospective students and applicants.
- In person/phone advising appointments with prospective students. Counsel prospective applicants on program offerings, requirements and standards and provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, email or letter; conduct follow up as needed
- Respond to or reroute general prospective emails/calls, and update prospective database.
- Manage all graduate admissions email inboxes
- Research and reserve exhibit space at Graduate Fairs & Conferences
- Maintain and update admission & recruitment calendar and budget sheet.
- Participate in and represent USF in a professional manner at all times at both on campus and offsite events as needed
- Coordinate and reserve space for departmental and university wide graduate recruitment and admissions related events and activities including information sessions & open houses.
- Prepare and assist in recruitment event registration and follow up
- Utilize the customer relationship management system (Slate) to capture all recruiting and admissions activities
- Update online information on graduate admission requirements including prerequisite information and all admission pages for prospective graduate students.
- Conduct standardized surveys of applicant admissions experiences.
- Process and manage internal invoices and expenses.
- Manage Student Ambassador program (recruit new student ambassadors, update student ambassador materials, scripts and canvas site and support with onboarding and training of new ambassadors)
- Manage weekly mailings of brochures to prospective students.
- Order materials and monitor inventory and distribution of SONHP SWAG items and brochures.
- Conduct follow up surveys to faculty and other colleagues who attend conferences/Grad fairs for feedback.
- Supervise student workers
- Other projects as requested by the Director of Graduate Enrollment Management and Director, Graduate Admissions Operations
- Post high school education preferred.
- Training or experience equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible work experience in a senior support role or related education.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to independently analyze, recommend and implement new/changes to procedures.
- Advanced experience working with computer database systems, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Must be customer service and team oriented.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Program-Assistant-IV_R0002576.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |