**This is an inpatient, weekday overnight position at Auburn Veterinary Specialists in Gulf Shores, AL. Typical shifts are 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Performs a variety of tasks related to the care and treatment of animal patients. Under direct supervision, this position assists in the monitoring and treatment for all patients admitted in the hospital.
1. Assists with administering treatments and monitoring patients admitted in IMC or ICU, Observes and records vital data, abnormal signs, body weight, food/water intake of animals, and collects and labels specimens and perform treatments and administer medications as prescribed by primary veterinarian.
2. Performs and demonstrates veterinary care techniques and procedures related to emergency and critical care medicine.
3. Assists veterinarians in the care of patients requiring advanced procedures and life-saving techniques including CPR and mechanical ventilation.
4. Inspects facilities, equipment, and supplies daily, as well as observes health status of animals, environmental conditions, temperature, and sanitation.
5. Perform job duties with speed and accuracy and work as essential personnel, providing care for patients after hours, on weekends and holidays.
6. Assists with emergency triage and stabilization of patients presenting through the Emergency service
7. May be responsible for, or assist in, billing clients, inputting charges, and/or similar tasks