The University at Buffalo Office of Admissions seeks multiple temporary Admissions Counselors to provide Admission counseling and outreach services to all prospective students, their parents and school counselors concerning UB academic programs, admissions policies and procedures. In this position, you will:
- build and cultivate key relationships and partnerships with constituents, such as: secondary school communities, community-based organizations, alumni, and professional organizations.
- represent the university at in and out of state recruiting events, high school and college visits, college fairs.
- assist with all phases of the application processing.
- counsel students/parents on admission to the university
- represent the university in various Admissions informational sessions.
- travel to recruit students via attendance at organized recruitment events or visits to schools, including evenings, weekends and overnight travel.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION EXPECTED TO BE FILLED FROM NOVEMBER 2019 THROUGH AUGUST 2020.
The University at Buffalo is a flagship institution in the State University of New York system, UB is the largest and most comprehensive campus in the 64-campus SUNY system. It is a member of the Association of American Universities. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year related experience working in a counseling role, customer service environment or working with college bound students
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, attentiveness to detail, and technology competence.
- Experience with Windows based computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license or demonstrate their ability to meet the transportation needs for this position
- Applicant must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
- Master’s degree
- Experience within a higher education setting
- Prior Admissions/Financial Aid experience
- Multi-lingual ability: preferably Spanish or Chinese