Director - Departmental Accounting/Help Desk
: Staff - Full-Time
The Director of Departmental Accounting is primarily responsible for the operation of a financial help desk for the University. The help desk will provide a central location for employees and departments seeking help with finance related questions and support. Support will include such things as providing financial expertise to answer questions related to budget balances, account activity, forecasting and planning. The Director will also ensure that training related to accounting software, financial reporting software, and other finance related trainings take place. The Director will oversee and facilitate the accounting within individual departments and schools of the University. This includes oversite of departmental Junior Accountants and the Business Office interns, finance system security and access, implementation and review of internal controls, and financial training.
Bachelors degree in Accounting and three years of related experience plus CPA Certification; or, a Masters degree in Accounting plus CPA Certification (or completion of CPA within 18 months) required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures.
- Knowledge related to the design and implementation of internal controls.
- Knowledge of theories and techniques involved in analysis of financial data.
- Knowledge of PC computer systems and software, including spreadsheets, word processing, graphics presentation, accounting software, and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of business intelligence software and report writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills. Skill with problem solving, decision-making.
- Ability to provide guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Business intelligence analyst and or SQL experience preferred.
Will require extended periods of sitting at a computer. Also will require meeting with departments at various areas around campus as well as off campus.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
You may be eligible for a 3 credit hour or 1 class tuition waiver after 6 consecutive months of employment and a minimum of 475 hours worked. Dependents do not qualify for a waiver.
$69,359 - $86,669
STA183018 Finance and Business Svcs. Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/14276
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.