This is a 10-month, full time position
The Staff Nurse I performs a wide range of nursing duties, including coordinating patient care and making nursing decisions based on the general health status of individuals seeking care.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
The Staff Nurse I is responsible for communication and promotion of health and safety at the campus, particularly related to the outdoor education program. In addition, the Staff Nurse I coordinates and directs patient care for participants of the outdoor education program, and maintains the materials, space, and documentation needed to complete tasks related to patient care and communication.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1. Eligibility for licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation.
Education and Experience Preferred
1. Certification in First Aid, CPR, AED, and the administration of auto-injected epinephrine or willingness to achieve certification if hired
2. Pediatric nursing experience
3. Experience using Microsoft applications (O365 applications, Word, Excel, Outlook)
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills
2. Friendly and personable demeanor
3. Ability to communicate with and relate to children of varying ages and abilities
4. Ability to keep complete and detailed records of patient care, ability to use
5. Microsoft applications for communication and record keeping
6. Desire and willingness to be a team player