This is a Temporary Civil Service Appointment
IIRC Systems Developers work in small Agile teams (directed by Systems Architects or Systems Specialists in conjunction with a Project Manager) on the development and maintenance of application software (typically web-based) that are required as part of IIRC’s strategic partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
1. Employ development software tools in the creation and maintenance of local and web-based application software and informational web sites, as well as such applications necessary for support of those systems. This currently requires familiarity with Microsoft .NET technologies including ASP.NET/MVC, JQuery, JSON, XML, RESTful WEB API Services, mobile responsive design techniques;
2. Assist in analyzing and maintaining existing complex software systems to determine performance enhancements, address bottlenecks, remove application bugs, and improve efficiency;
3. Under direction, applies principles and practices from management or management information systems theory to the development of software systems, including but not limited to the selection of appropriate techniques for the display of data, understanding the relationship between data and the underlying outcome measures the data is meant to illustrate, etc.
4. Maintain effective interpersonal relations and communications in a team workplace environment.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1. Any combination totaling two (2) years from the following categories:
a. progressively more responsible work experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession
b. college course work which included Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours or Associate’s Degree equals one (1) year
- 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor’s Degree equals two (2) years
2. Additional education, training, and/or work experience in an area of specialization inherent to the position may be required:
- Demonstrated experience working with SQL system development and management beyond writing and executing queries.
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
1. Knowledge of state grant involving confidential student test data fro across the state
2. Bachelor’s degree in related field of computer science, OMIS, plus one year of relevant experience, demonstrating leadership skills with progressive areas of responsibility.
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
1. Knowledge of learning applications and assessment tools as applied to IIRC’s educational mission strongly preferred.
2. Ability to analyze and select the appropriate emerging technologies that will apply to instructional programs and educational content.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in programming, statistical analysis.
4. Ability to adapt quickly to project requirements for different stakeholders and to shift focus to serve changing project goals.
5. Demonstrable skills in effective interpersonal relations and communication.