Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
If you'd like, Academic Keys can email you similar job openings. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Marketing Data Analyst
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Marketing Data Analyst
Marketing Technology & Metrics
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Marketing and Communications at WPI is looking for a Marketing Data Analyst to join the team. The Marketing Data Analyst will be working under the direction and supervision of the Director of Digital Marketing & Performance and will collaborate closely with various members of the Marketing and/or Enrollment teams.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
The Marketing Data Analyst will focus on collecting, cleaning, analyzing, and visualizing data for various initiatives and will be involved in deriving insights that steer business decisions. They will be working with both structured and unstructured data from various sources across WPI's technology stack, and other external data sources. These data can include but not limited to Social Listening, Google Analytics, Salesforce (Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud) Media Monitoring, Research Surveys, Higher Education and Socioeconomic databases (publicly available or proprietary), etc. In most cases these would be unstructured data sets that would require attention to detail and data analysis fundamentals knowledge to make them usable for analysis. (Ex. data gathering techniques, data cleansing and transformation, etc.).
Additionally, the Marketing Data Analyst will be involved (with direction) in various data analyses/modeling techniques, hypothesis testing, A/B Testing , visualizing data in dashboards, deriving insights and compiling presentations to make recommendations on the results, etc.
This is an entry level position and is ideal for candidates with a background in data analysis or data science looking to expand their skills under strong direction. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in a career within the Marketing Data Management/Analytics space and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate would be someone who:
- Has a foundation in working with data and enjoys working continually and is hands on in Data Cleansing/Matching, Deduplication, Enrichment, Visualization, Analysis etc.
- Works well within a data driven environment and as part of a knowledgeable team and is willing to learn.
- Is interested in developing programming skills for data analysis (SQL/Python/R etc.)
- Is interested in learning how to derive business insights from data and inform decisions
Work under close direction and supervision of the Director of Digital Marketing and Performance, and in collaboration with Digital Ops team and other campus partners to support data analysis needs. Gather, analyze and present data and insights that are related to business questions around Marketing Performance, Brand awareness, Website usage, Inbound and Prospect funnel performance, Survey analysis etc.
The role of the Marketing Data Analyst will be involved in:
- Enrollment and Marketing performance analysis
- Develop and expand on current data analysis that focuses on enrollment funnel performance
- Work in cross functional teams (with graduate and undergraduate enrollment) to analyze data to identify the end to end individual student experience.
- Help maintain and monitor Student acquisition costs across various acquisition channels.
- Help develop performance analysis and forecasting across various channels
- Website and other digital platform data analysis
- Analyze data from social platforms, google analytics, search console etc. To help identify market demand/search volume, and behavior analysis
- Build data dashboards to identify behaviors and touchpoints of various audiences across multiple digital platforms
- Pull ad hock data reports for marketing team and campus partners
- Email marketing analysis
- Analyze email data to report on content, audience and user performance trends.
- Analyze test data to test email content and identify audience preferences and engagement patterns (a/b tests, engagement levels etc.)
- Build dashboards to share performance metrics with various teams
- Media monitoring analysis:
- Learn how to analyze media monitoring data and utilize systems in place to manage these data flows.
- Build dashboards that will help with monitoring of monthly and longer term trends in media visibility
- Identify WPI's share of media visibility in relation to other peer institutions.
- Survey analysis
- Assist with existing and ad hoc survey analysis (data cleanup, visualization etc.)
- Regularly update and build upon the monthly and annual reports of insights from various surveys
- Preferred to have 2-4 years of relevant data analysis experience (1 year minimum of experience required)
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and manipulate data to answer questions and business needs
- Proficient in MS Excel, along with foundational database skills required. (SQL, Python, R experience a plus)
- Knowledge of data visualization/ BI tools (Tableau, Power BI, Looker studio, etc.)
- Strong desire and curiosity to learn and grow
- Critical thinker and problem-solver with passion for data and driven by curiosity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively, team player.
- Experience with survey data
- Understanding / experience with CRM a plus.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted. For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi/health-and-safety/vaccine-information
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Marketing-Data-Analyst_R0002321
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |