The Department of Neuroscience is a basic science department that focuses on cutting-edge research in the areas of synapse development and function, sensory systems, complex behavior, cognitive neuroscience and behavioral neurobiology. The Neuroscience department is supported by funding from the federal government, private foundations, and industry. The faculty within the department are also extensively involved with the Graduate Program in Neuroscience as well as teaching within the Medical School.
What You'll Do
Under the general direction of the Department Manager in the Neuroscience Department, performs office duties requiring initiative and independent judgment. Major responsibilities include-Assembling and maintaining institutional documentation. Reconciling Purchase card accounts for faculty and staff. Providing compliance analysis on sponsored projects for closeout and final financial reporting. Assisting department manager and senior research administrator in ad hoc projects.
Post-award coordination and maintenance of project budgets and expenditures, including travel, purchases and subcontracts. Responsibilities include efficient systems to manage travel logistics and reimbursements, coordinating events and expenditures, and comparing spending against budgets in compliance with sponsor and university requirements.
- Post Award Reconciliation of Purchase card accounts for faculty and staff
- Pre-award assembly and maintenance of institutional documentation in anticipation of future needs for grant proposals
- Pre-award coordination and assembly of grant proposals, following appropriate guidelines and procedures from the sponsor and at Tufts
- Assists department manager and senior research administrator in ad hoc projects
- Continuous learning of federal compliance and regulations
What We're Looking For
- One to three years of office experience
- Associate degree
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree and one to three year's office experience preferred, strong office coordination, customer service and computer skills as well as excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Professional, strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
Minimum $26.40, Midpoint $31.40, Maximum $36.40
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.