This position requires knowledge of accounting, auditing, management, and information systems to perform audits that are general and more routine in nature. The primary function of the position is:
1. To plan and execute audits of assigned organizational and functional activities of the University in accordance with the professional standards and code of ethics promulgated by the Internal Audit Advisory Board established by the Fiscal Control and Internal Auditing Act of the State of Illinois.
2. To evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the financial and administrative controls over those activities.
3. To determine whether organizational units within the University are operating in compliance with management instructions, applicable University and Board of Trustees polices and procedures, and in a manner consistent with federal and state laws and regulations.
4. To report audit findings and to make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations, and reductions in cost.
5. To assist in the performance of special reviews at the request of management.
6. To direct and supervise the activities of other auditors, as assignments require.