The Career Design Center invites dedicated and culturally aware applicants to apply for the Employer Partner for Internships position. In this role, you will work with employers, locally, nationally and around the world, to design and implement high-quality internship and experiential learning programs that meet their future talent acquisition needs. According to the National Association of Colleges and Employer’s annual student survey, racial/ethnic minorities, women, and first-generation students are all underrepresented in paid internships (NACE, 2021). Developing opportunities for all students, with special attention to underrepresented populations, will be a key focus.
As part of the Employer and Alumni Connections team, you’ll work hand-in-hand with a multi-disciplinary committee of experiential learning faculty and staff across campus, generating high quality ideas and solutions, identifying opportunities for collaboration, recommending process improvements, sharing industry contacts and expanding knowledge of university experiential learning protocols.
As the Employer Partner for Internships, you will:
- Research and strategically identify employers with whom to cultivate relationships for connections to UB talent from diverse backgrounds.
- Serve as an energetic and enthusiastic first ‘point of contact’ for employers in the development of UB multicultural student talent pipelines.
- Consult with employers to help build high quality internship and project-based learning programs for UB students across all academic disciplines and levels.
- In the context of COVID-19 and beyond, you will partner with and guide employers to offer innovative remote project based learning and internship opportunities for diverse population of students.
- You will manage the internship scholarship fund and work with employer hosts on fund disbursement.
he University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
About the Career Design Center
The Career Design Center supports all undergraduate and graduate students in imagining and designing meaningful lives and careers through early discovery, ongoing exploration and future-focused skill development. With the mission of challenging students to see possibilities and seek opportunities in preparation for life after college, students gain access to Career Communities that include faculty/staff, employer and alumni collaborators providing connections, resources and guidance leading to expanded opportunities.
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
The University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in the full life cycle of talent cultivation, acquisition and management.
- Experience in relationship management or business development.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively (1) develop and manage relationships with multiple constituencies including, employers, alumni, students and campus partners, (2) manage multiple functional areas and initiatives (3) manage programs, events and online platforms.
- Demonstrated strong skills in interpersonal relations, creativity, communication, strategic and analytical skills