The Giuseppina Tesco Lab is looking for a highly motivated Research Technician to work in the Department of Neuroscience at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston. The Department of Neuroscience is a basic science department that focuses on cutting-edge research in the areas of neurological disease.
Dr. Giuseppina Tesco is supported by funding from the federal government and private foundations to study the molecular mechanism of Alzheimer’s disease.
What You'll Do
The Research Technician in the Tesco Lab works under close supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) and conducts a variety of routine experiments following established procedures and protocols, in order to ultimately better understand the molecular mechanisms underlying Alzheimer's disease.
- Culturing human iPSCs and differentiating them in neurons and glia cells
- Performing experiments / characterization of cultures with biochemistry, microscopy and molecular biology (Protein extraction Western blotting, ELISA, immunostaining and microscopy, RNA and DNA extraction, PCR and qPCR, genome editing)
- Documenting data under researcher guidance
- Maintaining mouse colony, genotyping and collection of brain samples
- Inventorying and ordering laboratory equipment and supplies
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in science and at least one year of related laboratory experience
- Prior experience in stem cell culture and genome editing is a plus
- Advanced knowledge and experience with laboratory techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of basic statistics
Minimum $18.00, Midpoint $21.00, Maximum $24.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.