Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website. https://it.tufts.edu/
What You'll Do
The Multimedia Support Specialist is primarily responsible for providing effective Tier 2 support, preventative maintenance, and consultation for the following service areas: classroom and lab technology; digital and analog audiovisual/multimedia systems and services; event and meeting space technology; event planning, coordination, and support; conferencing and collaboration services (e.g. video, web, and teleconferencing); videography and streaming services; and lecture and content capture services. In addition to supporting this suite of services, the position will also provide consultation and training on their effective use to faculty, students and staff. As desktop and audiovisual/multimedia solutions continue to converge, the role is also expected to provide Tier 2 frontline support for end user desktop (Windows and Mac), software, and other technology services. The position will regularly create and update both end-user facing and internal technical documentation. This position will also participate in periodic project work to implement upgrades to spaces as well as to deploy new and enhanced multimedia services to the Tufts community. In addition to classroom support, this position will also support conferences live events, and meetings for the Tufts community and facility rentals
This position is onsite and not eligible for remote work.
While the position will primarily be supporting the Boston Health Science campus, travel to our Fenway, Medford and Grafton campuses may be required. As a customer-facing organization, we expect all technology support team members to represent TTS to our client population in a professional manner. As such, the expectations of TTS is that you will wear business appropriate, professional attire that is clean, neat, and work appropriate.
What We're Looking For
Minimum Required Experience, Education, Background, And Certifications/Licenses
• The knowledge and skills that are typically acquired through a High School diploma and 3 years of experience in the direct delivery of IT and audiovisual/multimedia support services.
• Experience supporting and assisting clients with 2 or more of the following services/technologies:
o Video conferencing with a demonstrated understanding of networking and delivery standards. Knowledge in IP-based video conferencing systems, preferably Cisco SX/DX/Room Kit systems.
o Web conferencing solutions such as WebEx and Zoom.
o Classroom and event space technologies such as projectors and screens, control panels, switchers, audio/video players (DVD/Blu-ray/CD), sound systems, microphones, document cameras, content capture, SMART boards, Sympodiums, etc.
o Event planning, coordination, set, strike, and live event support (including audio, projection, conferencing, video recording, and streaming).
o Videography, post production editing, DVD and CD duplication using software such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and Encore.
o Onsite support of end user desktop and software services such as: Windows, Mac OS, MS Office, Exchange and Outlook, mobile devices (iPhone, Android, tablets), Antivirus /malware software, TCP/IP, and printers.
• Strong technical troubleshooting and resolution skills with demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly. Strong research and analytical skills for more complex issues/problems.
• Strong communication, collaboration, organizational and time management skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and independently manage a changing workload and schedule in a wide variety of settings and situations.
• Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual customer situations. Ability to maintain a strong sense of urgency. Appropriate use of judgment as to when to escalate difficult situations or seek guidance.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver professional customer service, end user training and consultation, effective team and project work.
Additional Preferred Experience, Education, etc.
• CTS certification.
• Experience using Extron’s Global Viewer Enterprise AV resource management system.
• Experience with Crestron or Extron programming.
• Experience with video/audio recording, capture and editing, web streaming and video recording technologies and support.
• Experience with lighting control systems, wired/wireless microphone systems, audio amplification and PA systems.
• Experience performing minor repairs on media presentation and production equipment.
• Familiarity with ITIL v3 Foundations.
• Knowledge of desktop security/networking and standards. Working knowledge of local area networks and network administration.
• Experience delivering tier 1-2 desktop support to end users in a mixed Windows and Mac environment
• Desktop support related certifications such as: MSCE, A+, Network +, CCNA, ACMT.
• Experience using endpoint management systems such as LANDesk Management Suite and Avante.
• Experience with LDAP, DHCP, DNS and TCP/IP configuration.