Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Part-Time Online Course Content Designer UX Design UC Berkeley Extension
University of California, Berkeley
Curriculum Writer - User Experience Design (UX)
UC Berkeley Extension
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Part-Time, Temporary,Academic (Non-Tenure Track)
UC Berkeley Extension, the professional and continuing education division at the University of California, Berkeley, invites applications for a pool of qualified, temporary, part-time curriculum writer(s) for its online User Experience Design Program (UX).
UC Berkeley Extension seeks dynamic part-time curriculum writer(s) with a commitment to professional and continuing education in User Experience Design (UX) to create and write the curriculum for online UX courses. Screening of applicants begins immediately and will continue as needed; some appointments may begin as early as the fall 2019 semester. The number of these part-time, temporary, non-tenure track, academic positions varies from semester to semester, depending on the needs of the department. Appointments are offered on a course-by-course basis, and appointment length is based upon project milestones and deliverables. Appointments may be renewable based on need, funding, and performance.
We are seeking qualified applicants who possess current subject matter expertise and/or teaching knowledge in the following areas:
- User Experience Design
- User Interface Design
- Design Thinking
- UX Strategy
- Web Design with HTML/CSS
- Diagramming and Prototyping
Part-time Curriculum Writer in UX Design will:
- Create and write UX curriculum, including all academic materials such as course syllabus, project specs, handouts, exercises, quizzes, rubrics, etc., as well as course specific content for each module.
- Collaborate with colleagues on course design and framework.
- Produce original scripts for all media two weeks prior to recording (with help from colleagues).
- Provide imagery examples or descriptions for each script to produce media.
- Provide raw original content including learning objectives, reading assignments, discussion prompts, assignment instructions, etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues on design of learning activities and learning strategies.
- Provide original content for student assessments.
- Provide quality assurance review of content, including media content.
- Attend scheduled video/audio recordings at UC Berkeley, as needed.
Basic Qualifications (at time of application):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent international degree required.
Additional Qualifications (by the start date of the position):
- For those who are not US citizens or permanent residents, a legal permit that allows work in the United States (such as a US visa that allows employment) is required by the start date of the position. The department is unable to provide a visa/work permit.
- 5 or more years of professional work experience in user experience design (UX), web design or development, product design or development, graphic design, interaction design, human computer interaction, human ergonomics, cognitive science, psychology or sociology.
- Advanced degree in subject area preferred.
- Excellent research skills.
- Experience teaching in a college/university environment.
- Corporate teaching, coaching or training experience.
- Experience teaching online and/or developing original academic content for online courses, including syllabi, learning objectives, scripts, learning activities, assignments, assessments, exams, and quizzes.
- Ability to commit time to approximately 15-20 hours a week over the course of 4-6 months. You must be available for occasional meetings and recording sessions in Berkeley, CA and phone/video conferences M-F between 9am-5pm Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- Icon design and pixel-level design.
- Understanding of bit-depth, pixel-density and resolution issues.
- Graphic user interface (GUI) screen layout and composition.
- Knowledge of existing and new technologies and constraints.
- Experience writing technical content and project specs.
- Experience and/or comfort with video and audio recording, including voice overs for videos and/or PowerPoint presentations.
- Sketch story boards to produce animations.
- Effective organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills (English).
- Ability to convey conceptual and complex ideas and information.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and work within a team environment.
- Proficiency in (or willingness to learn) instructional and other technology: Sketch, Principle, Figma, InVision, UXPin, Adobe XD, Photoshop, HTML5 and CSS3, User Research Methods, Camtasia; Learning Management Systems (Canvas, Panapto, Angel, Blackboard, Moodle, EdX, etc.); iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote);Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.); Google Home and Office tools (docs, sheets, slides, etc.); online file sharing (e.g., Google drive, Box, Dropbox, etc.); Online tele/video conferencing tools (e.g., Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype, Adobe Connect, etc.); online shared calendars (e.g., Google calendar, Outlook, etc.).
The Campus Community:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
- Submit cover letter and resume or CV by emailing email@example.com. Please include in the subject line.
- References will only be solicited for finalists. All letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality (https://apo.berkeley.edu/ucb-confidentiality-policy) prior to submitting their letters.
- Contact Carol Sirney at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. For more information about UC Berkeley Extension, please visit our website at: https://extension.berkeley.edu/.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |