The program counselor’s will be responsibilities include:
- provide counseling to students in grades 7-12
- oversee all aspects of the academic advisement, career awareness activities
- responsible for testing and student needs assessment
- collaborate with staff and program director, to coordinate, develop, and implement academic courses, research and mentoring activities
- provide assistance that will lead to students’ mastery of course requirements needed to complete high school and successfully complete a post-secondary education program
- coordinate and provide services to student and parents relative to appropriate high school and college selection and network with schools and community groups
- establish career internships for program participants and monitor students’ progress
- serve as liaison to school guidance counselors to monitor students’ college, scholarships and financial aid application process
- perform appropriate duties, as deemed necessary by the Principal Investigator
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required. Experience working with the public, particularly underrepresented minorities and economically challenged pre-college students. Two years experience with career, or personal counseling, in an academic environment
Master’s degree in counseling and/or in the area of education preferred
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.