Consider joining the outstanding pharmacy team at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine in a role that will allow you to make a positive impact on the lives of animals and the humans they live with.
Our outstanding benefits include Medical/ Dental/ Vision, Retirement Options, Generous Paid Vacation and Holidays, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement and Pet Care Benefits. We are willing to train the right candidate without veterinary specific experience.
Our pharmacy technicians are vital to our pharmacy operations as they work under the supervision of a pharmacist with the preparation and dispensing of medications and supplies. We are a team making a difference!
We are currently looking for a Pharmacy Technician to support all aspects of the pharmacy operations.
What You'll Do
Pharmacy Technician responsibilities include:
- Filling medication orders for inpatients, outpatients, and refill requests
- Restocking inventory in the pharmacy and dispensing cabinets
- Communicating with doctors, students and clients regarding medication orders or questions.
- Participate in identifying compliance issues and work with team and pharmacy leadership to resolve.
- Assist with tasks as assigned by Pharmacist Supervisor. T
- Provides guidance and instructions to others as needed under the direction of the pharmacist staff and pharmacy supervisor.
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a pharmacy technician in retail, hospital, or clinic environment
- Ability to multi-task in a busy hospital with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a team structure
- Ability to lift to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Strong customer service skills
- Current Massachusetts Pharmacy Technician License