Develop relationships to sell the extension services of the academic departments in the College of Engineering to manufacturing and service businesses in North Carolina in accordance with the guidelines provided by North Carolina Manufacturing Extension Program (NCMEP). The extension services will be provided primarily by senior project engineering students as part of a capstone project under the guidance of engineering faculty.
This is a part time position (15 hours per week) with duties being concentrated in the field and limited work on campus.
Work within the university (10%)
- Meet with faculty to understand capabilities of students and requirements of the capstone projects.
- Coordinate with appropriate faculty in presenting potential project opportunities.
- Follow up with project status and closing projects out.
- Fill out necessary reporting at conclusion of project.
Work in the field (85%)
-Conduct between ten and fifteen personal visits to manufacturing facilities each month.
-Develop leads that result in project sponsors required to satisfy COE requirements.
- Project sponsors are required to pay a nominal fee and participate in the guidance of the project.
- Follow up with sponsors upon conclusion of project.
Work with NCMEP (5%)
- Attend NCMEP statewide meetings.
- Coordinate an annual meeting on campus to showcase manufacturing and support capabilities.
- Report projects in the NCMEP System.
- Follow up to ensure NCMEP audit properly filled out and submitted.