Under general supervision, the Professional Expert provides assistance and support in accordance with assignments and directions from the supervisor. Professional Experts:
* Have specialized knowledge or expertise not generally required of or found in the classifications established by the District.
* Must be specially trained, experienced, or competent to perform expert services.
* Are used on a temporary basis for a specific project or projects.
* Terms of employment will be described in the Professional Expert Agreement
Non-academic, non-classified Professional Experts are not part of classified service. Non-academic, non-classified short-term employees are at-will employees and have no entitlement rights to any position in the District. Professional Expert employment shall not result in the displacement of Classified personnel.
*Retired CalPERS Annuitants: may not exceed 960 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 through June 30)*
Under general direction, provides guidance for college sports programs, activities, and events related to the rules, regulations, and equipment of the assigned sport.
* Provide non-teaching duties to develop and improve skills, tactics and techniques used in sports activities, programs, and events.
* Participates in sports recruitment.
* Provides assistance with game or competition strategy.
* Assists during practices and competition.
* Models sportsmanship and maintains appropriate conduct.
* Attends related meetings, clinics and other activities related to the assignment.
* Maintains compliance of college district and CCCAA rules and regulations.
* Other related duties as assigned.