The Department of Music in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University at Buffalo is seeking an Office Assistant 1. This is a customer service oriented position and requires the incumbent to provide excellent customer service to various populations for the department’s student programs office.
The primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- You will monitor and process graduate and undergraduate applications. This includes maintaining student files and working closely with the Academic Advisor.
- You will maintain classroom schedules and room assignments for courses, final exams, end of semester hearings, rehearsals, lectures and special events.
- You will schedule auditions for Open House/Audition Days, beginning of semester auditions, scholarship auditions, graduate language and placement examinations as well as undergraduate theory placement examinations.
- You will be responsible for departmental force registration for graduate students, undergraduate majors, minors and non-majors. This includes running transcripts and reports.
- You will assist the Academic Advisor with scheduling, preparing correspondence, projects, assisting students and staying up to date on student programs policies and procedures.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/s… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.